Students should bring their note to the Attendance Office before school or during nutrition . Notes must include: Student name, date, reason for leaving early, parent/guardian signature, and a phone number. If your student is leaving early due to sickness, please sign them out from the Nurses Office.
• Students are responsible for clearing their absence(s) within 5 days.
• Students must bring a signed note from a parent or guardian with their name, grade level, dates of absence(s), and reason for absence(s) to the Attendance Office before school, nutrition, lunch, or after school.
• Students must fill out a re-admit form in the Attendance Office.
• The pink copy of the re-admit will be given to the student.
• Students take the pink copy of the re-admit to EVERY CLASSROOM TEACHER whose class they missed.
• Students keep the signed pink re-admit form for their records.
• Make-up work for the classes missed must be completed in a timely manner.
• Re-admits for any suspension (in house ACE, home, truancy center, etc.) are issued by the student’s Assistant Principal’s secretary. It is the student’s responsibility to pick up the re-admit!
Too many unexcused/unverified absences will lead to a police citation for truancy.
|Attendance Office Hours|
|Before School||7:00 - 7:50|
|Nutrition||10:00 - 10:05|
|Lunch||12:15 - 12:45|
|After School||2:55 - 3:30|
Arriving late to school
Wilson Classical High School students are expected to be in class on time. If you are late to class, the consequences range from detention to a period of OCS (On Campus Supervision). If you miss a class because of being in OCS, you must present your OCS slip to your teacher to get make-up work.
If you are less than ten minutes late arriving to block 1 or block 2, you will receive a tardy slip and proceed to class. The first 2 tardies are issued as warnings, the third tardy will result in a 30 minute detention. Subsequent tardies will result in additional detentions and/or adminstrative progressive discipline.
If you arrive later than ten minutes because of a doctor/dentist/court appointment, show your note (on letterhead stationery - parent notes are not accepted) at the front door and proceed to the Attendance Office for a readmit. If you do not have a note from your doctor or dentist you must go to OCS. If you arrive later than 20 minutes without a doctor/dentist/court appointment you must remain off campus until the next passing period begins.